This Saturday, Plant & Animal Genome (PAG) XXV will kick off in sunny San Diego! Here in Montana, we have had a brutally cold winter thus far. I, like many of you, am looking forward to San Diego’s sunny, warm temperatures!
Since last year’s PAG, SVS has had a number of updates including the integration of BEAGLE for imputation (coming soon!), the extension of GBLUP and K-Fold cross validation to handle large sample sizes (8k plus!) and the addition of gene by environment interactions to EMMAX and linear regression.
This year you will find me and Jami Bartole, Senior Field Application Scientist at Golden Helix, in booth 122. We will be giving away our famous Golden Helix t-shirts after our schedule demos and we have 2 new designs for you this year. Check out the demo schedule below for times. We will also have copies of our GWAS and Genomic Prediction eBooks available.
PAG XXV Demo Times – Booth #122
Sunday, January 15
- 3:30 pm – Imputation in SVS
- 5:00 pm – Genome Wide Association Study using animal data
- 7:30 pm – K-Fold Cross Validation for Genomic Prediction
Monday, January 16
- 10:00 am – Meta-analysis for GWAS to combine results from sub-populations
- 12:00 pm – K-Fold Cross Validation for Genomic Prediction
- 3:15 pm – Imputation in SVS
- 4:30 pm – Genome Wide Association Study using animal data
Tuesday, January 17
- 10:00 am – K-Fold Cross Validation for Genomic Prediction
- 1:00 pm – Imputation in SVS
- 2:30 pm – Genome Wide Association Study using animal data
Safe travels to San Diego; we look forward to catching up with everyone!